Friday, January 4, 2013

Out and About

I really should get out  more.

Today I went with a friend to a neighboring town. They had a store which sells nothing (as far as I could see) but different kinds of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Sound boring?

HA.

Did you know there is olive oil that you can dip your fruit into? One was labeled "Three Dark Chocolate Infused Olive Oil." And this is supposed to be good for you.  Lemon, honey, coconut, blackberry. I could go on. By the way, the blackberry infused olive oil was very good. It can be used for putting on ice cream and stuff.

What I wound up with was garlic infused because I could just imagine brushing that on chicken as it was being grilled.

They have these really  big vats in the stores, and they let you pour a little into a cup, you dip your finger in the cup, and taste it. That way you can decide what flavor you might want to purchase. Then they pour a bottle full from the vat, seal it, label it and sell it.

The store had a lot of people shopping there. There was one little chubby boy about age ten, who was telling us which ones he thought were really good. I think he had tasted every one of them!

Now that I'm a woman about town, if you have any questions about olive oil, just give me a call. I'm sure I can answer the most important one, which is how to get to the store.

Everything else, I refer out.

2 comments :

  1. I love it. It sounds like a fantastic store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. And it is owned and run by Harpers. (which is my maiden name). They aren't my Harpers, but still....

      Delete