Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Being in God's Will

Wouldn't it be grand if we could just say, "Okay, God. I want to be totally in Your Will now. Amen."

And voila'! We are. No more temptations, no more sin, no more being unsure of what to do next.

Of course, being the ornery cusses we really are, we'd start to wiggle around till we got out of it. I mean, don't we already do that all the time?

And I understand until this age is over, that's the way it will be. And when good old Eternity begins, we won't have to worry about it any more.

I'm looking forward to it.

But for now, even when I am really, really good with God, feeling like I'm in His Will as much as I know how to be, things still happen.

This discourages people, and sometimes, those who are in weak moments, get angry enough at God for this that they turn away. At least for a little while.

But  look at what we've done to poor old nature. When we fell, we took everything with us. And all was innocent in it, except man. And all has suffered since.

I'll be glad to live on the New Earth with the New Heaven.

But until then:


I am all that God wants me to be,
Tall and strong and so lovely.
My branches are filled with leaves of green.
My bark brown as any you’ve ever seen.
I am a tree,
And in God’s will totally.
So why is that axe headed for me?!

No comments :

Post a Comment