Friday, January 25, 2013

Dreams, Reality, and a Threat from My Husband

This morning, I was having the coolest dream.

I was at a zoo, and a lady that worked there had a cheetah on a leash walking around, warning people about the cat, "Don't touch her, she doesn't like to be touched."

She and the cat walked by me, and the cat came to me and stared up at me (I was sitting down). Then the cat put her paws in my lap, placed her head up against mine and licked my cheek. She looked at me adoringly. The lady said, "That would only happen in one in a thousand people."

She let me have the leash, and the cat and I were having a grand old time. The lady asked me to stay, but I told her I was having a terrible cramp in my arm and hand and had to leave.

This woke me up, and my whole arm and hand was numb from laying on it. The pain was incredible.

Then I remembered it was supposed to rain/sleet/hail/snow/freeze today and I nudged my husband and told him he needed to get up and go out and crank the generator to make sure it would work if our electricity went off.

He whined, "I've been sick, it's cold, don't make me go out there, it'll crank."

I said, "Okay, I hope you're right." And had foreboding thoughts about how that was gonna turn out.

Anyway, I told him my dream, which I think is fascinating, don't you? and he sorta mumbled, "Knowing you, that will probably happen."

Then I told him my whole arm and hand was numb, and looking at it, I wondered if the whole thing had been a UFO abduction, because the creases all over my arm and hand looked like crop circles.

He told me, quite calmly, that he had not had his coffee, and if I didn't stop chattering and giggling (I do NOT giggle) that he was going to muzzle me.

But just for a little while.

No comments :

Post a Comment