Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! It's a Twister!

Any time I hear that we may be looking at a tornado headed our way, I always think of "The Wizard of Oz".

I'm not being silly, it's true. I also remember a friend telling me the story of when she was a little girl and there being a tornado in Pickens County. Her mama and daddy went to the place where it had struck and she remembers a broom straw stuck in an oak tree, both ends showing, as though the tree had been pierced by an arrow.

The blizzard of 1993 was a lot like a tornado with snow. I remember it coming in and hearing thunder in the middle of the crazy snow and wind. First time for me, and hopefully the last time. I don't live in the South for nothing.

Then a few years later we had a hurricane. Yep, in the mountains of North Georgia.  I mean, really?

And not too many months ago I witnessed a wind storm for the first time. No rain, no thunder, just furious wind, all alone. 

Mother Nature is a dangerous woman.

All my activities for the day were cancelled. Wednesday is my only activity day. I have Bible Study in the morning, a deep tissue massage afterwards, and church activities on Wednesday  night.

That makes the coming storm even more real to me. 

Stay home,  hunker down, make sure you got candles and watch out!


No comments :

Post a Comment