Thursday, June 12, 2014

When the Rain Comes

Man oh man oh man oh man! Has it been raining or what?

I almost drowned three times this week, all three trying to get to my car.

Electricity went out for almost four hours the other evening, but for us, that's par for the course. Still don't like it, though.

Seriously, my all overs are hurting a lot worse than usual, and I think I shall blame it on the rain.

I will say one thing, though. Everything smells so dang good!

I just go out on the porch and breathe. And as soon as it stops raining, the birds start chattering like crazy, like they have to catch up or something.

Nothing is attempting to eat our garden. No bugs, no nothing. Maybe they drowned, too.

Did you know the preacher that performed the marriage ceremony for my parents was named Rainwater? No monkey, it's true.

I wonder if he was part Cherokee.

The Loch Ness Monster is also called a water horse (be sure and see the movie,"The Water Horse",  it's wonderful scenery of Ireland).

If they caught her they could ride her and put rains around her neck. Get it? Water horse, rains?

You may have caught on by now I couldn't think of anything to blog about today.

So, I'll 'rain' myself in and leave it with ya.

No comments :

Post a Comment