Thursday, June 5, 2014

From One Generation to the Next

I was lying in bed last night, thinking deeply about - something or other.

That's not the point, anyway. The point is, I shrugged my shoulder and made a particular face, indicating sort of disgust and apathy.

But when I did this, in my mind's eye, I saw my mother doing it, not me.

Hmmmm.  Well, at least I know where that gesture came from.

As I began to think about this, I could also see my grandmother performing this little movement. Made me wonder if her mother did the same thing.

Tilting my head, thinking about this: yep. Daughter does the very same thing!

You know what that means, don't you?

Someday I'm gonna have a little grand youngun strollin' around and thinking deeply.

And out of the blue, she'll shrug her shoulder and get that look on her face...

Life goes on, doesn't it?

No comments :

Post a Comment