Wednesday, June 11, 2014

In Sickness and in Health

I know  this is part of the marriage vows, but I think it should be true in families, too.

As ya'll know, I'm a dang cripple. Plus I've had some other things going on that don't seem to get much better these past few weeks.

Daughter has been ill since November, and hopefully we are at the tail end of that little mess come next week, when test results are back.

May I say I do not like having to wait while my child is having a procedure during which she is sedated.

Of course, the saga of Mother continues...but she ain't doing nothing about that, so there ya go.

Brother of Many Surgeries finally got the drain removed from his side.

It seems of late, we  have had our share of medical issues. I'm fine if our turn is over for a while. Really, I am.

But our good outweighs the bad, and I couldn't name all of the good if I had all day.

So, my prayers are full of thankfulness: Thank you God for  my family. Thank you for this good mattress and warm covers at the end of the day to ease my pain.  For that matter, thank you Lord for the medication  you have provided that allows me to get up and go at all. Thank you for my friends, my home, my church family. Thank you for our country, that (so far) is a place we can freely worship (or not).

Praise  You God for being You. I don't know much about You in the bigger sense. But what I do know fills me with praise, fear, joy and peace.

You have called me friend.

Wow.

Guess I don't have much to whine about after all, do I?

No comments :

Post a Comment