Monday, June 2, 2014

A Busy, Busy Day

What a day. It's been a really long week.

Yes, I  know it's Monday.  Your point?

I don't  know why I think I can resume some aspect of "normal" and get a few things done at the house. I must be a fool.

Shut up.

Mother is progressing nicely and I am grateful for that.

But her care giver's leg started hurting the other day. She called a doctor, whose nurse called back and said it might be a blood clot, so she should go to the emergency room.

Well, well.

So, Daughter rearranged her plans, as did I. Brother of Many Surgeries was already there and assured me they would be fine until one of us could get there.

Then their electricity went off and Mother was sort of stuck in her recliner, reclined.

With a "I gotta go now" kind of bladder, that's a dangerous place to be.

So Brother Of found batteries and got her moving again. The chair and her bladder.

Meanwhile, I received an, um, interesting phone call from my ex-husband. Hadn't heard from him in oh, a quarter of a century or so.

That got my blood pressure raring to go. Up.

My house is in disarray. The flowers were drooping, there were no clean towels, both sides of the kitchen sink were full of dirty dishes, and both dishwasher drawers were full of clean dishes.  It seems every time Daughter or I come home from Mother's we collapse in a stupor and get nothing done.

 Husband doesn't do all the above because he "is pet sitting and Molly might have a seizure." That's exactly what he said, I lie you not.

Of course, he went to the grocery store and emptied the trash after only being reminded three or four times. Now to get him to the dump before the bears rip in to it all.

He has been a prince coming and going and staying regarding Mother's hospitalization. He loves her a lot; they have a cornbread kind of love.

Right now things are calm and I'm kinda hungry.

I reckon I better take advantage of the calm and feed myself.

Later, dude.

No comments :

Post a Comment