Monday, June 23, 2014

Lawd Have Mercy, It's Hot!

As all ya'll know, I am a southern girl, born and bred, as they say.

And speaking of ya'll, I am simply appalled, appalled I say, at the sudden new way to spell ya'll. Suddenly the correct way to spell this word, which isn't even really a word, is  y'all.  Sacrilege!

I noticed when reading a fairly well known person's tweet the other day, they, too had caved. He is a true southerner, and has always spelled ya'll correctly. Now, all of a sudden, he's spelling it y'all.

I digress.

So, I am really, truly southern.

But I dislike the humid, hot days that usually start around mid-July and stop around the end of August.

Last Sunday I opened my door at 9:30 a.m. to go to church like a good girl, and it was both humid and hot.

What's this! I asked to no one. It's only mid-June, not mid-July! And immediately commenced to whine. It's not fair I have been gypped out of a whole month of simply hot but bearable weather.

And every ding dang day since, all I have to do is think about going outside and it grows dark and ominous and begins to thunder.

What, I'm supposed to become a recluse now? But I know lightning is right behind the thunder and I know what lightning does, so recluse it is.

My Yankee Cousin arrives Sunday for a week of fun, food, escapades, food, talk, food and who knows what else.

I just hope it ain't so humid and so hot that some of our fun will be wilted into just being lazy and staying inside to talk and eat.

Wouldn't that be a shame?  HA.

Ya'll just check the weather report for me and let me know if there's gonna be any coolin' of the temperatures for a while.

And maybe stoppage of thunder and such.

Just for a little while, that's all I ask for.


No comments :

Post a Comment