Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Life is a Puzzlement

I  never really set out to ever offend anyone. It's just not in my nature to do so.

But this post may offend some of you. Just know if it does, that's not what I set out to do.

I have never known a time when I was without the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Before this offends everybody I've ever known and many I haven't, let me explain.

As far back into childhood I can remember, I always felt God's presence. I was comforted by Him and felt protected by Him. I even had a vision when I was very small, probably age four or five.

When I was ten, I  heard His Voice for the first time. I was in the pew of the church. A message had been given (I don't remember what) and the music was playing, inviting anyone who felt God's nudge to come forward.

I'm not sure I was really even paying much attention. I was a kid and by the end of a service my thoughts were usually elsewhere.

But when that Voice said, "It's time to tell everyone You have me in  your heart." I didn't hesitate. I went straight up the isle and said as much.

I've been talking to God, or His Holy Spirit, ever since, and He has been talking to me.

I am amazed and humbled by this relationship.

And I am completely baffled when folks don't believe.

He is as real to me as you are. Well, more so than a lot of you, since 45 countries have read my blog. (Thank you, by the way.)

Many people are now offended by the  Christian belief, in fact it's becoming the "in" thing, I believe.

Be tolerant unless it's "them"!

Ah, well, we shouldn't be surprised. The Bible says that's the way it will be.  It's just folks in the United States have been so softened and spoiled by our freedom, we've forgotten it isn't the norm.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know why I believe.

Maybe I didn't do a very good job of it, but there you are.

Anything good you see in me is from Him. The rest, unfortunately, is me. I am not perfect at this, only my relationship with Him is perfect.

Me, on the other hand, needs a lot of work.

A lot of work.

So, don't look to Jesus Christ's followers for a good example. Look at Him instead.

You'll get a much better picture.

No comments :

Post a Comment