Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Unicorns, Hobbits and Chupacabras

Husband has been following a very interesting story (to him, anyway) regarding a Texas couple who claimed to have captured the somewhat mythical creature, the Chupacabra.

The Chupacabra is sort of along the lines of the Big Foot stuff, seen by many, captured by none.

The Chupacabra is the alleged "goat sucker" of Mexico/south Texas fame. Apparently this mysterious animal leaves animals (goats in particular, I guess) with the blood sucked out of 'em.

There have been drawings and "photographs" of this animal for many years, none of which look unphotoshopped, even the drawings.

So, you can imagine Husband's excitement when the mythical Chupacabra was said to be captured. The video on YouTube shows a pitiful looking animal in a cage, but it is sharp toothed, ill tempered and pretty hairless.

Did I mention the man in Texas who captured this animal is named Bubba?

Are you getting suspicious?

As Husband and I lingered over coffee the other morning, and he began excitedly telling the tale of capture, I stopped him right at Bubba.

But Husband wouldn't hear of it. He said perhaps the Chupacagra was an off shoot of the Xoloitzcuintle, the Mexican Hairless dog.

Anyway, I rolled my eyes and changed the subject after a few snide remarks from my ever sharpening tongue.

This morning as Husband and I did our routine coffee thing, he idly mentioned that Bubba's Chupacabra had been identified as a raccoon with mange.

I almost spilled my coffee I laughed so hard.

Not to be too awfully disappointed about this sad ending to a riveting story (to Husband, anyway), he informed me he still had high hopes for Bubba.

Who knows? Just get the word out to all your  Big Foot friends; they better stay away from south Texas.

No comments :

Post a Comment