Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Meeting of Minds

I attended a book club yesterday.

The guest author, Deirdre D. Grogan, is a lady who wrote, "Advice for Alyson", which is a book written to her daughter. She doesn't consider herself an author because she says she will never publish anything else as she did this for a specific person.

She also is dying of terminal cancer.

It's her story to tell, of course, but suffice it to say she was misdiagnosed for three years, and by then the cancer had advanced. She has had everything there is to do at this point, except, of course, continue living her life.

Most of the people who talked were also authors, and the conversation was lively. The book store owner asked us to introduce ourselves, and if we were authors to mention our books. We did this briefly before we got down to business of discussing the current book.

The book is an interesting compilation of wisdom and wit.

I kept thinking about what if this was me, and I was writing to Daughter?

I do write to her. When things are going rough, when she is in great anticipation of something, when she has a birthday, when sadness occurs.

But what if I knew for sure my days were very limited. Would I say anything differently?

I hope not. I hope I say and show love and beliefs every day so that Daughter has no doubt about who I am and what I believe.

It's important to review inside yourself. Do those  you love know everything  you want them to know about you?

If the answer is no, get busy.

Today may  be all you have.

No comments :

Post a Comment