Friday, April 11, 2014

This morning we resumed our walking program.

Because of the wet (rain and snow), cold winter, it had come to a screeching halt.

I feel like a fat sow, and was actually looking forward to getting out and doing something about the way I feel.

I know the kind of walking I have to do (the slow gimpy kind) doesn't do much for weight (I lost a grand total of four pounds last summer), but it makes me feel better.

March is not aware that his turn is over, and he was quite blustery about it today. But the April sun felt sweet and warm. All we had to do was hold on to our hats.

There were cattle grazing on the other side of the river, One cow in particular kept staring at me. She seemed more interested in what I was doing than in grazing. I guess she figured there was plenty of grass and only one of me.

Walking in the morning seems to make my day longer, reminding me that praying in the mornings makes my days longer, too.

I don't know exactly how that works. Time goes by doing both; it is used up. Maybe it's because I feel better and get more done.

Any old way, I am happy to be back on the trail.

Maybe I'll lose that four pounds again.

No comments :

Post a Comment