Friday, April 4, 2014

For the Beauty of the Earth

We got up extra early this morning because Husband had to have Molly (Dog) to the vet by 7:30 for surgery.

She has a bull doggy problem with her gums. It's an over growth, which is common in Boxers, American Bulldogs, English Bulldogs, Olde English Bulldogs, Bull Mastiffs, etc.

Surgery only fixes it temporarily, but as old as Molly is, it will probably be a permanent fix for her.

Anyway, after Husband and Molly left, I decided to have my coffee on the back porch, since I was alone.

Usually Husband and I have our coffee together in the living room to start the day off together.

It was slightly cool. The clouds were coming in heavier and a breeze was moving about.

The birds were starting their day, too.

The noise began. I closed my eyes to try and hear as many different birds as I could. I recognized the Pileated Woodpecker, a hawk, the crow. I counted about twelve different voices in the choir, but failed to name others.

For a city girl (and I use that term loosely), hearing birds near and far fill up the forest with their voices is a magical thing.

I really, truly believe they are praising and worshiping their Creator.

How else could they sound so perfectly in harmony as they trill their own individual song?

You ought to try this in the morning. You will be truly blessed.

No comments :

Post a Comment