Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye has been on my mind a lot lately.

I think it's because our dog, Molly, seems to rapidly be approaching those words. I don't want her to die, just like I haven't wanted Buster, Sam, Belle, or Samson to go.

I've never been very good at saying goodbye. I don't like it. I don't like people to move away, get too busy, change jobs, churches, or houses. I surely don't like it when they die.

But saying goodbye comes to all of us in many forms throughout our lives. I remember as a child never wanting to change teachers.

It's been a catastrophe with every grandparent who has passed on. My daddy left at age fifty-nine.

I've lost some really good friends, some slowly in illness some so suddenly it was hard to grasp they were actually gone.

Most of us have lost other things, too. Jobs, homes, rings, wallets, self-esteem, or trust.

But it pales when it comes to losing someone you love, be it two or four legged.

Maybe some of you have found a way to make it easier. If so, please tell me.

And do it quick.

I don't think I have much time left to learn before another goodbye arrives.

No comments :

Post a Comment