Monday, April 21, 2014

Are Ya Achin' for Some Bacon?

Yesterday was attack of the killer bacon day.

At lunch, I ordered a chicken sandwich that comes with bacon. I've had it that way, and you can't really taste the bacon, so why bother. Plus bacon is very bad for you, I'm told. And it adds lots of extra calories I don't need.

In fact, I need to drop about a dozen pounds of calories.

Anyway: I ordered the sandwich sans bacon. It was a difficult thing to do. Because although you can't really taste the bacon, the actual thought of how good that bacon would taste makes that little voice in my head exclaim, "Oh, boy! Bacon! My favorite!  Yay!"

I say, "No bacon."

Waiter: "Do you want it on the side?"

Me, in a tiny little voice, "No. No bacon."

When we are served the waiter lets me know that they tried to sneak that bacon in anyway, but he caught it at the last minute.

Gee, thanks. I'm pretty sure if it had been snuck in, it wouldn't have counted.

Then Daughter drags out the two pieces of bacon off her hamburger and offers them to me.

I look at her like she's sprouted another head. "Why would I take your bacon if I told him no bacon. And why didn't you say no bacon, too?"

Daughter says, "Well, I'd already said no tomato and mayonaise and didn't want to be too difficult."

So she puts two pieces of bacon on the little bread plate right under my nose.

This is a real dilemma. I don't like food to go to waste. That's why I need to lose twelve pounds.

But you will be glad to know I was stoic. Yes, sir. I didn't eat the stinkin' bacon.

Late yesterday afternoon Daughter and I visited Mother.

She offered me for supper left over breakfast. Biscuit, gravy and....bacon!

I ate the stupid bacon.

No comments :

Post a Comment