Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Why Can't a Man Be More Like a Woman?

I swan, sometimes I think  I'm going to scream when attempting to have a conversation with Husband. He says it's my fault.

But dear reader, you and I both know wherein the fault lies. (especially if you are a female reader).

For instance: Say we have been having a discussion about a certain person. Then I say something to the effect of, "His brother lives in Atlanta, too."

"Whose brother?" Husband asks.

"John's. The man we've been talking about for ten  minutes."

"You confused me by using all those pronouns. I didn't know which he you were talking about."

WHAT?

I grit my teeth and continue on. (Yes, I am crazy.)  "Anyway, JOHN's brother's name is Marty. He and his wife moved to Atlanta last year."

"John's wife?"

Just shoot me now.

And don't dare start up a conversation about somebody's grandmother or cousin. Husband tells me there is no way he can follow that kind of conversation and he doesn't want to try.

Makes it kind of hard to tell him who is coming to visit.

Mix that in with my word displacement I have had since my little stroke on the operating table a few years back, and what you have is a two ring circus.

Daughter has rolled her eyes so many times, they rattle around loose in their sockets.

The funny thing is, Daughter and I don't have these conversational snafu's, even when I can't come up with a word or say the wrong word. (By the way, this doesn't happen when I am writing, only speaking.) Daughter just fills in the blanks, or says, "You meant to say banana, not umbrella." And I agree. Then our conversation returns to it's smooth flow.

Why Can't a Man Be More Like a Woman?

2 comments :

  1. After growing up in a home full of women and then marrying and having to deal with a house full of boys I have learned a few things. Boys are an entirely different being than us women. They are much simpler. They don't want to analyze everything as we do. They don't discuss everything as we do. They are pretty easy to please as long as they are fed and you don't fuss at them or cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up with brothers and you are right. Males are very different. My husband swears he loves being in a house of women, bless his heart! By the way, he always reads my blogs before I post them. I would never do anything to hurt that dear man's feelings. Last night, when he read the part about John's wife? He laughed and said, "That sounds like me!" He is very funny and loves to read about himself.

    ReplyDelete