Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Committees

Somehow I don't think that title will get me many new readers.

I worked for thirty-one years. I was on so many committees, it's a wonder I ever got anything else done.

If it was a committee over which my boss presided, well then I just sat back and tried to be an productive member.

But if it was an assigned committee, I found myself, more often than not, the leader.

Because everyone else just sat around like mute cows and did nothing, and I had better things to do. I wanted it done and I wanted out.

You can imagine my relief (and many of you share this) of retiring and knowing that my committee days were behind me.

May I take a moment to say ha. And ha.

Guess what? I'm on a committee.

This one was assigned by God, so I know I shouldn't complain. The minute our pastor resigned and a deacon got up and said the church would be forming a pulpit committee asap, I heard God's small voice say,"Guess what? You are chosen."

He may have not  used those exact words, but close enough.

I didn't have to wait long before a deacon approached me with a speech, which I stopped and said I already knew, God had beat him to the punch. The deacon was greatly relieved that he didn't have to stoop to whining.

Well, I won't either. No, sir. No whining from me.

Even though I'm on a committee.

Again.

No comments :

Post a Comment