Saturday, June 29, 2013

You Can't Floss Your Teeth With A Flashlight



When you go on vacation, it's a bit like playing hide n seek with your possessions. No matter how carefully you pack or unpack, you won't be able to find anything.

Which is why by the end of said vacation one's room looks rather like a tornado has struck. Violently.

Upon arriving home I still can't find my phone charger, when I remember distinctly where I packed it. I guess that's why I can't find it. All in all, that's not bad, when you consider all the things we did bring home. Good Lord! Where did we find all that stuff?

And most of it is dirty.

I thought we'd never get there, the time there was gone in the blink of an eye, and the trip home was loooong.

My cat was deliriously ecstatic to see me. No, really.

Now the two female cats were "Meh. So what. Feed us, okay?"

But the males were anxious, thrilled, and grateful.

My male cat head butted me, scooted as close to me as he could with anxious eyes, slept right by me, and was on top of me every chance he got, purring. He was though he was holding me down so I couldn't leave again.

Husband's male cat was rolling around happy. When Husband went back out to the car to unload, his cat began to carry on in a loud whiny voice at the front door. I guess he thought Husband had left again.

Males are so much more needy, aren't they?

I learned a lot, got to spend a lot of time with my Yankee Cousin (whom you will be hearing from), ate way too much, saw the ocean again (it looks the same), hated what the air did to my hair, and wished I could have walked Charleston with Daughter and Cousin. I tried, but couldn't do it. Alas.

Daughter had a good time, getting to shop and eat good food, and spend time with cousins she hardly knows.    They are all male. She found out what it would have been like to have two brothers close to  her age with whom to share a bathroom.

She's grateful, too!

We all were happy to be back in our beds, in our own house in the mountains.

Dorothy said it all, "There's no place like home."


No comments :

Post a Comment