Saturday, June 8, 2013

Going to the Chapel

Well, actually, I'm going to,uh, outside.

Anyway, I'm going to a wedding this evening. It's the fourth wedding I've been to in the last few years that has been held outside. During two of  these I almost froze to death, even though they were both in the time of year one should not have been all that cold outside.

Today, I just hope it doesn't rain.

I've had quite a week, what with Daughter's birthday celebration yesterday and several other less important things. Nothing has been on regular schedule, and that throws me off, being as old as I am and used to routine.

Although, it seems to have thrown off Daughter, too. She is rather hard to get up in the mornings, which is like saying the ocean is rather deep. But she suddenly sprung out of bed like a rocket today, because she realized she had not done the bulletin for church services tomorrow, which she usually takes care of on Wednesdays.

It was nice to see a fire lit.

Back to weddings, I know for me weddings always get me reminiscing about my own. I figure every one there will be doing the same.

A few tears will be shed, a few smiles will be shared. The I do's will be said and then we'll get on to the important stuff: the reception where food will be offered.

I wish the couple well. They are very young, maybe they'll make it to celebrate fifty years or more.

May God bless this union.

No comments :

Post a Comment