Friday, June 21, 2013

Typhoid Mary - That's Me!

I have begun to feel a lot like Typhoid Mary.

As you know, I have been on my deathbed. (Okay, okay, but I was really, really, sick.)  Anyway, I gave the illness to Daughter, who hasn't been as severely ill as I, but still had to go to the doctor and has been pretty miserable. We thought Husband had managed to slide by with nothing more than a mild sore throat, but no.

After waking up worse every morning, he finally went to the doctor day before yesterday and got medications and an injection.

Of course today, he feels worse than ever, as this is the way this stuff progresses. He sounds bullfroggie and yesterday he got the hiccups.

He still has them. He even hiccuped in his sleep last night.

I told him I thought they were caused by the injection he received, and of course, Husband thought that was the stupidest idea he'd ever heard.

So, Husband asked Pharmacist, whom he thinks is the smartest man on earth.  Pharmacist told Husband it was a side effect from the injection he'd received.

(Insert dancing bananas here)

It's nice to be right about something.

Husband was told to expect the hiccups to hang around another day or so before they run their course.

So for the near future I have a bullfroggie, hiccuping spouse.

At least now he thinks I'm the smartest person on earth, so step aside Pharmacist.

He probably shouldn't get too close to us anyway.


No comments :

Post a Comment