Friday, February 1, 2013

And The Day Continues...

I believe I left off my trials and tribulations about yesterday with my husband swearing to never let our dog out of the  house without a leash again.

Let's see...we couldn't get the generator started. Husband called our dear friend, Eddie who is a master fixer-upper as well as a bi-vocational preacher.

He has painted, plumbed, built, put in windows, and done electrical work for us. He's a good man, and I think he gets a kick out of almost everything that goes on at our house.

Gee, I wonder why.

He takes my husband's word that the generator has plenty of oil and gas, and that it just stopped working after two hours of perfect performance.

They lift the generator, huff and puff up the mountain, load it on his truck and Eddie takes it to the mechanic.

In less than an hour he is back with the generator. There wasn't enough oil in it.

Now, in my husband's (the therapist/artist, hint, hint) defense, you could still see oil. Apparently the manufacturer got fed up with folks burning the motor up by using all the oil and continuing to let the thing run, then wanting a refund or a brand new generator. So they rigged it that if it got one iota too little oil, it simply shuts down.

Eddie came in the house, talking about this, and one thing led to another, and I sort of mentioned the Saint Bernard incident from earlier in the day. Trying not to laugh, he told my husband he hoped he'd learned his lesson.

Husband was assuring him he certainly had!

I noticed Eddie kept glancing down at husband's feet. Finally he asked him to raise his pants legs a little.

Well! And this coming from a preacher, no less!

Apparently he had seen a glimpse of husband's socks.

They were Mickey Mouse Christmas socks.

Eddie asked, "Are those your daughter's?"  HA!

No, no, they are husband's.

Husband and I began to titter, then giggle, then outright guffaw.

Eddie never cracked a smile.

I suggested husband and I lay out of our church Sunday and hear Eddie preach.

Eddie nodded his head in the affirmative.  "Sister, I now have my entire message planned out."

Amen, and amen.

No comments :

Post a Comment