Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day Actually Falls on February 19

Okay, okay, maybe it doesn't. 

But I've been busy, see. I wrote my husband a sweet little song on the real Valentine's day, but I can't sing it to you, so I thought I'd share a poem I gave him a few years back.

Ready? Maybe you can give it to your spouse next year. You can say, "Here's a Valentine's poem Kathi wrote for you."

Here goes:


In light of all the days gone by,
And hopefully, those to come,
It seems a mite too trite to try
To explain my feelings some.

But however trite it just might be,
Feelings I do feel,
And what I really want you to see
Are the ones that are so real.

Not when I’m angry, sad, or blue,
But the ones that never move.
The ones way down, deep and true,
Ones I never have to prove.

What we call love, or matched for life,
The strong and sturdy stuff,
That gets you through the times of strife.
If nurtured, it’s always enough.

God given as it can only be,
Strong and brave and full,
The love He gave to you and me,
Can’t be voided or null.

We must remember in all ways,
The gift of wedded mates,
To treasure each and every day,
Not wait till it’s too late.

To say I love you, yes I do!
Valentine’s Day or not,
This love will have to see us through –
Sometimes, love’s all we’ve got!


No comments :

Post a Comment