Thursday, February 7, 2013

Which Of These Things Is Not Like The Others?

In less than a span of a two week period, John Travolta, Christie Brinkley, Oprah Winfrey, and little old me were born.

So, which of these things is not like the others?

Is it John Travolta because he is the male?

Is it Oprah Winfrey because she is of African decent?

Is it Christie Brinkley because she's cute as the dickens, even when she's pushing sixty?

Nay.

'Tis I.

Because, when compared to these other birthday celebrants, I am a pauper. I probably don't have one tenth the wealth of any one of these other birthday babies.

But that's okay. I have, from what I observe in the news, a  much better life.

I am stable. I  may not be as cute as Christie, but I bet I'm more content with my looks. There's not much I can say about old John that says stable, so we'll skip him. And Oprah? She can't decide what her religion is. Maybe it's just the religion of Oprah. I don't know for sure.

I know who My Redeemer is. I know which man I love. I know I have raised my child to the best of my ability, and my family, although not perfect, all speak to me.

I have so many friends it  makes me dizzy. And they are really friends. I don't  have to question if they want to be close to me because of my money.

I've had e-mails, phone calls, and facebook messages all day wishing me a happy birthday. Phone calls from Texas and Oklahoma, messages from Indiana and all over  here 'bouts.

Makes me richer than John, Oprah and Christie, all together. Eat your hearts out, trio.

I'm the one who's got it made.

No comments :

Post a Comment