Friday, October 31, 2014

Eeny Meeny Chili Beanie, Happy Happy Halloweeny

Thinking back on my own childhood Halloween trick or treat excursions, I am amazed that I don't remember one single costume I wore.

It seems they were always purchased at the dime store, and had scratchy outfits to match the sweaty, plastic masks.

Generally, I had to wear a coat over the mess, anyway.

In early years, I was given a big brown paper sack to fill up. It never entered my mind to decorate it up.

Later, either as my parents became more prosperous or somebody had a great idea, I had a plastic pumpkin or bright orange bucket to hold out.

But I do remember many of Daughter's costumes: Mini Mouse, a cat, a clown, a Pink Power Ranger. And then came the years of a princess, a princess and of course, another princess. This year she was Mario from the video game.

I've seen a snowy Halloween or two, and tonight they are saying we are going to have another one. Up to an inch or so.

We'll see.

If so, I can't wait to use the fireplace for the first time this season.

Anyway, take a moment to think back on the magical, exciting times you might have had. A time when it was an innocent thing to trick or treat and not fraught with evil or demons or fear of razor blades in your Red Delicious.

Keep warm,  ya'll.

No comments :

Post a Comment