Saturday, October 11, 2014

Service Please!

I'll be the first to admit I don't have a servant's heart. I may love you dearly, but unless you flat out tell me, I just don't see your need.

There are people that I know who seem to sense someone else's needs almost before they happen. It amazes me, and also makes me feel like a selfish brat.

I truly want to help out when I can, but first someone has to point and say, this is what you need to do.

But the other day, I distinctly felt the nudge of the Holy Spirit to make a meal for a family in our church who have both been sick. Then I remembered another person who had broken a bone, and had been kind to me when my foot was in a cast.

So I called both houses and made sure they liked what I had to offer and both accepted gratefully.

They probably almost went into a dead faint, coming from me.

So, today I did something I ain't never done before. I made THREE pones of cornbread, one right after another to accompany a honking dutch oven plus spill over into another pot of homemade vegetable soup.

Then, after we ate a quick lunch, Daughter loaded up and took off to deliver the food.

Husband helped me clean up the huge mess. The only kind I can seem to make.

When you do what you are supposed to do, it gives you a feeling of accomplishment.

But boy, I am plumb tuckered out.

It's a good tuckered, though.

No comments :

Post a Comment