Saturday, November 1, 2014

Snow Day

Well, the only thing on anybody's mind today (here) is the snow. In the South, it was a peculiar sight, as the leaves are in their full glory.

At my house, they got rained on, frozen, and snowed on. It was quite pretty this morning, All dazzling color topped in pristine white. The wind has blown off the snow and they are making a big noise with their frozen selves, whipping around furiously.

It's very cold, the wind chill is supposed to make it feel like it is in the low teens.

So, we have the first fire of the season, and of course, I am loving it.

I admit, two of the things that make me feel like a child are snow and fire in a fireplace.

The other is seeing Santa.

I'm making vegetable soup and cornbread for dinner this afternoon. And of course, sweet iced tea.

This could turn out to be a perfect day.

After all, I get to sleep an extra hour tonight before getting up for church, too.

No comments :

Post a Comment