Friday, October 10, 2014

The Criminally Insane

I'm sure you all saw the article about the woman who was arrested for something or other, put in the back of the police car, and left alone for a few.

She proceeded to rip up the car with her teeth.

She is now being charged with a felony.

I thought, "Wow, that woman is crazy!"

I stand corrected.

That was before I started a simple task this morning. I wanted to buy three tickets through Ticketmaster for Husband, Daughter and myself to hear some great Christmas music in December.

At first, it looked pretty sweet. Great seats still available, all seats together, and a reasonable price. I was surprised at how well the tickets were already selling, and very happy we could get the seats we wanted.

I proceeded to check out. And, as they say, that's when the fight broke out.

I don't have an account, so I clicked on to make a password.  Then it told me there was an account already listed under my e-mail. (It had  just told me there wasn't).

I was instructed to click on 'get a new password', so I did. Went to my e-mail to see what my password was. I waited at least a minute before I received it. Signed in again. But, they said, to insure my financial security, I had to enter my credit card number again. So I did. They said there wasn't an account attached to that particular credit card number. I had a total of three tries before - well, I'm not sure before what. I did it again, which put me down to one try, which I didn't even try.

You know that little clock that Ticketmaster has ticking on the right side of the screen? It says when that runs out your tickets are 'thrown back'.

Of course, the little clock went to 00:00, and I think you know what that means.

Let me tell you, I was about to go all Clay Aiken fan on them. I've seen that, and it ain't a pretty sight.

I finally was given a 'temporary' password, went back into the fray (for the last time, I decided). The tickets were still there. I got 'em.

Now I just have to print them out.

Cop cars, watch out.

No comments :

Post a Comment