Thursday, October 30, 2014

When Disappointment Knocks


When someone promises you something, and they don't follow through, it hurts. There is also anger, disappointment and other emotions that may hit you, willy nilly, for days, weeks, months or even years.

You know the kind I'm talking about. Someone you believe in, someone you trust, fails you. They make a promise, then they break it. 

And that breaks your heart.

Oh, Amazon.com, how far you have fallen in my eyes.

They promised, dang it, that my bicycle horn would be here yesterday. Just in time for the costume I was wearing last night.

Has it even come yet, a day later, I ask you? 

Why, no. No it hasn't.

But they say a picture is worth a thousand words:


                     A Sad Harpo Marx who has no bicycle horn.

But life goes on. 

I reckon.

No comments :

Post a Comment