Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Not What I Planned on Writing

I had my blog all planned out in my head, in fact I did it  yesterday, but was too done in by a trip to the doctor in Atlanta to even think about sitting up and actually typing.

But I knew what I was going to say.

All that changed when I listened to a voice mail from one of my dear friends:

"The biopsy finally came in. It's cancer."

I burst into tears.

Sometimes I really hate this place.

This world is full of pain, loss, grief, sorrow and tears, tears, tears.

And we have it better than anyone else on the planet.

I know the situation we are in is our own fault, we live in a fallen world because of the free will given us by our Creator.

It really isn't my home, which I forget when things are going well.

I lay in my bed, crying and telling God I didn't like this, I didn't want my friend to have cancer. And then, of course, I cried for myself.

Most of the time I keep all the bad stuff of my pain in perspective, but today, everything just flooded.

I'm better now.

But I still hate this place sometimes.

No comments :

Post a Comment