Monday, July 21, 2014

Your Multi-talented Blogger, Right Here

Those of you who know me personally know I am multi-talented.

No, really. It's true, even though it makes me blush furiously to say it myself.

It's so embarrassing, I wish you were here to say it for me.

Anyway, I have a talent I bet almost, if maybe none of you, know I have.

I can laugh like Woody Woodpecker.

That's right.  I'll give you a moment to digest this wonder. You may ask me to perform any time  you see me. I won't let you down.

Now, I do admit that this particular talent doesn't come in handy as often as some of my other more glorious ones.

But yesterday I got to have playtime with my almost three year old great nephew. He has a birthday very soon, and I was asking his mama what he was interested in at the moment so we could buy a present he would enjoy.

She named several characters that children his age usually like, and one that he is presently fascinated with is Woody Woodpecker.

I waited until his back was turned, took a deep breath and did my thang. Mother and Niece cracked up. Great-Nephew turned slowly, a serious look on his face and deadpanned, "Whoa." No exclamation point.
Then he looked at his mama and grinned.

"Who was that?" She asked him.

"Man Pecker." (That's what he said.) All of us got pretty hysterical, but afterward his mama told us she knew that's what he called old Woody, but didn't want to spoil the surprise. She's asked him  not to say his name in public.

But, dang it.

I was upstaged by a three year old.

Just another day, I reckon.

No comments :

Post a Comment