Thursday, July 31, 2014

Say What?

You may have already seen the news article that has left me speechless.

I am gobsmacked.

A dead female body was discovered under a bed in a hotel. It appears to have been there about five years. That's right.Half a decade.

And nobody noticed??

I, even I, Queen of the Unclean, would have noticed. (Okay, I'm not queen. Probably don't even qualify for anyone in the court, because I have seen some houses, if you know what I mean...but I thought it sounded good.)

Have you ever NOT looked under the bed in a hotel or motel? Really? We always do because we lose junk and want to make sure it ain't under there.

So, let me get this straight.

For five freaking years, no cleaning person looked under the bed.

For five years, no customer looked under the bed.

The guy who found the body said he dropped the TV remote and couldn't find it, so he looked under the bed and found the body.

The police pulled the hotel records for the past five years, and there are right at 1,000 complaints about that room - first about the bad smell - (ya think?) then about an eerie feeling, so strong that some folks even demanded a different room in the middle of the night.

No joke.

One of the cleaning ladies said she complained about the smell for a long time and management told her to spray FreBreeze.

Why didn't she look under the bed?

Management says they don't clean under the beds, it is a waste of time. The maids are instructed to vacuum around the edges of the bed and "sanitize" the room.

RIGHT. Sanitize.

Just ignore the DEAD ROTTING BODY UNDER THE BED.

For crying out loud.

No comments :

Post a Comment