Monday, July 28, 2014

I Don't Get Out Much

Outside, I mean.

Husband told me there was a Hummingbird Moth out in our yard just at dusk, and I rushed out to find absolutely nothing.

I didn't know any such thing even existed until I was in my late forties, and we saw one in our yard, thinking it was a hummingbird, until it let us get close. When we got really close, we realized it was a faker.

It was fuzzy and not shaped like a bird, but like a moth.

However; it moved exactly like a hummingbird, flitting, beating its wings rapidly to stay in the air, dipping into the flower quickly and back out....it was almost unbelievable to me.

We don't see them every year, and Daughter doesn't remember the other time.

So we are going to be on lookout for the little faker in our front  yard tomorrow as soon as it starts to head toward dusk.

I'll keep  you posted.

No comments :

Post a Comment