Thursday, July 3, 2014

What Day Is It Anyway?

Well, foot.

Yankee Cousin talked to her Yankee Husband. At the end of this Yankee filled conversation, she said, "I'll see you Sunday." And he said, "Don't you mean Saturday?" and she said, "No, Sunday," and he said...well, you get the picture.

It culminated in Yankee Cousin actually, you know, looking at her plane ticket and comparing the date with our handy dandy wall calendar.

She's leaving Saturday. And, man, we had plans through Sunday! This is a huge disappointment.

I feel gypped. I feel cheated. I feel sad. I feel....well, you get the  picture again.

We did play out the scenario where we dropped her off at the airport on Sunday as planned and drove off. And she had no plane trip to take.

Of course, it's not so dramatic with cell phones.

However; if you are a compulsive liar writer, like me, your imagination can go all sorts of ways with the what ifs.

It's times like these we are to count our blessings. Just be glad she got to come, that we got to spend seven days together.

Not eight.

Just seven.

No comments :

Post a Comment