Tuesday, July 15, 2014

How to Get Ready For Company

Since I recently had a guest who stayed several days (well, she was sorta a guest), I feel I am an expert on this subject.

Let me preface this list by saying it goes without saying that clean sheets on the guest's bed is a given.

1. Shave your legs. Mark off plenty of time.  If you don't know what I mean, you are either male or a a very young female.

2. Make sure all cat hair is removed with a lint brush (giant size) on sofa (all surface), arm chair, (ditto) and foot of your own bed, just in case guest lays sideways for a bedtime chat.

3. Make sure Husband obeys and goes to dump.

4. Make sure Daughter obeys and empties litter box. Twice.

5. Have plenty of southern type groceries on hand. (A whole lot, if your guest is like my guest. HA!)

6. Ask the good Lord for perfect weather.

7. Make plans to do stuff, then hurt your back and not do any of them.

8. Make a joyful noise. By this I mean talk half the night, get up talking and don't shut up until guest is out the door a week later. It's never enough.

9. Try to remember all the stuff for a whole year.

10. Shave your legs. Again.

No comments :

Post a Comment