Saturday, November 2, 2013

Books

As you know, I love books.

And for the past two days, all I've talked about are books. My books, specifically.

Having written five and working on my sixth, it is exciting to have someone who actually wants to talk about them.

Yesterday, I talked to my publisher, kicking around ideas about upcoming book signings with other authors who have books about Christmas. What a neat idea! Christmas books, cookies, punch, little kids running around, Santa...I don't know, it sort of gets me in the spirit of the season.

Today I talked to another author who was having a book signing in a neighboring county. He introduced me to the owner of the store, who welcomed me, agreed to look over my books for possible purchase and sales, and even invited me to have a book signing there.

The fellow author also told me of another place that sells local author books, which I will check out in the near future.

I'm not much of a salesperson, I don't have a lot of physical stamina, and I can't afford a publicist. So most of my books sell by word of mouth.

And if you have read and like my books, that would be your mouth.

If you are a member of a book club that has speakers from time to time, I'd love to be a guest. If there's one thing I can do besides write, it's talk.

Even if I never sell another book, I will keep on writing.

Because, you know, I have to.

No comments :

Post a Comment