Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Coming to a Table Near You

You can feel it in the air.

The frenzied pace of millions of women trying to get their act together at the last minute because everyone expects the Thanksgiving meal extravaganza right on time.

The trick for my family is the dressing. See, my mother doesn't have a recipe for dressing. She has just "made it" in the past.

I think her Aunt maybe taught her how.

Last year, Daughter and I stood by like drones and did exactly like she said to do, as she can no longer do it all by herself.

You'd think after doing it with supervision, one could do it alone, but it's far more complicated than that.

Dressing is one of those things that tastes different with every person. It's a lot like biscuits or cole slaw. There is just something in the individual's make up that makes the food.

My goal is to come close to Mother's. I don't anticipate surpassing it, because I love her dressing better than anyone's on the planet, and I've  had lots.

So, tomorrow Daughter and I will journey down to Mother's and begin.

Pray for us all.

Happy Thanksgiving, in advance, just in case I don't make it through.

No comments :

Post a Comment