Wednesday, November 13, 2013

All You Need Is Love

I suppose some couples are more compatible than others.

I also know opposites attract, and sometimes with disastrous results.

There are couples who look like each other.

And there are couples who are totally opposite in looks from one another, but are a lot alike in personality.

Husband said he always thought he'd marry a dark haired petite woman.  (His mother) I am tall and fair, so he failed miserably. But: my mother-in-law and I  were a lot alike in personality, so I think he got what he was looking for after all.

Me? I've always gone for the blond guy. And Husband, who is now more salt than pepper, had hair that bordered on black. (So I'll have a "blond" after all!)

What drew me to Husband in the first place? Laughter. We often laughed at the same time, and we laugh together every day.

I think that goes a long way in any relationship, unless you are the odd duck who has no sense of humor, and if you are, I can't imagine why you would still be reading my blogs, because they are fraught with silly.

Last night said it all for us when it comes to compatibility.

I knew, of course, we like the same room temperature, the same amount of covers on the bed, etc.

But last night, we were lying side by side, both of us with a book. My cat, Eli was sprawled across my chest and belly, where he often snuggles before I sleep. And may I say last night, his higher body temperature felt really, really good.

I happen to glance sideways, and there was Frost, another of our cats, sprawled across David's chest and belly, looking smug about his copy cat behavior.

Two giant white cats, lots of covers, a good book each.

Do we get along, or what?

No comments :

Post a Comment