Saturday, November 23, 2013

Gone Fishin'

As those of you who read my blogs regularly already know, Tobias died recently. (See what happens if you miss a blog?  You don't get this important information in a timely fashion!)

Blogger Takes A Moment.

Don't  make fun of me, that fish lived with us for over two years.

Anywho, Husband brought home a new fish yesterday (or was it the day before?)

He asked me what did I want in a fish, and I said I wanted one that looked young and was very colorful.

So, off he goes fishing.

So to speak.

Husband says he picked out the youngest one he could find (read that little, and I do mean little). He marches to the check out and the cashier says, "Oh, I see you picked out a male."

Now, Husband happens to know that the females are much less colorful, but he likes to play innocent, so he asks, "How do you know it's male?"

She points to the lid of the carton in which the fish is swimming. It says, "MALE".

Why Husband tells this stuff on himself, I'll never know.

Anyway, he is a funny looking fish (no, I don't mean Husband. That's for another blog entirely). He is very small, and he has an extremely undershot jaw,(the fish, people, the fish!) more than any of the others we've had.

I named him Tyke,  much to the dismay of Daughter. Hey, if she doesn't like it, she can get her own fish.

Say hello to Tyke:

No comments :

Post a Comment