Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Woman's Crowning Glory

This week Daughter's hair is red.

Really red.

Last week it was sorta reddish brown.

Before that...hmmmm....Well, it's been dark brown (big mistake), reds, platinum blonde, (bigger mistake) and her natural color with highlights, the best in my humble (and totally ignored) opinion.

I think her natural color is a soft, dark blonde with lighter blonde highlights, which she embellished for a few years before she went plumb wild.

Luckily, she has thick healthy hair and nothing seems to faze it.

Me? My hair? Well, I've never strayed too far from my natural color. Twice darkened it because I'd had it frosted, and hated that it looked like (to me) grey  hair instead of blonde. Yes, I did it twice. So sue me. So my wedding pictures and Daughter's baby pictures have me sporting brown hair.

Otherwise, I've kept it about a shade lighter, because my dark blonde hair has a tendency to dull, especially in winter.

But I've kept my so-straight-you-could-plumb-a-house-with-it hair curly for thirty years. I think about stopping, but to tell you the truth, I really like it curly (hence thirty years) and don't want to go back to straight.

So I ask you: Is there a woman on the planet that loves her hair? The color? The thickness? The length? The curliness or straightness thereof? The greyness?

Or is it true what I've heard: Every woman wants some kind of hair they just don't have from nature.

And if that's true, why don't we like what we got when we were given out hair genes?

It's truly a  mystery to me.

Think on this, dear reader, and if you know the answer, let me know.

No comments :

Post a Comment