Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring! What?

It's that time of year where Mother Nature is in a dither. 

We have Blue Birds building their nest.

Yellow bell, bridal veil, jonquils, daffodils, march flowers (you  pick,  no pun intended) and my favorite, hyacinths are blooming. 

The birds are so happy they are trying to outdo themselves in chirps and song every morning.

Even the rain is softer and the temperatures milder.

Last night I saw the most amazing sky. It was just as the sun was setting. High in the sky it was clear with a tiny slip of a moon shining. Just below that, flat, dark thunderclouds hovered. Just below that, pink and dark blue.

Husband brought in our hyacinth (the only one left, I demand more!) and the kitchen smells heavenly.

This is the flower that my grandmother planted lots of up next to the house in the back yard. I'd lie down in the grass, prop my head up with  my hand and sniff until my smeller no longer could detect their fragrance. It is still my favorite fragrant flower. The perfume I have worn for 35 years or so smells kind of like a hyacinth, that's why I've worn it for 35 years.

Now the weatherman says we are going to have well below freezing temperatures and maybe a little SNOW Friday. 

Better than a lot of SNOW, like Canada.

Eh, who cares? 

Before you know it, we'll all be whining about how hot it is, blah, blah, blah.

Don't you deny it. You know it's so.

No comments :

Post a Comment