Monday, March 9, 2015

Gettin' Ready

Today has been a very busy day.

I made a list of all the things I need when I do a book signing, and I just happened to have one coming up Saturday.

Sounds like a simple thing; you take a few books and a pen, right?

No, no, no.

I have my new book, plus my older books. And a box of books is very, very heavy. They used to be trees, you know.

I have to have easels to prop up a copy of each different titled book so folks can see them clearly. A guest book is a must for folks to prove they were there. Lots of pens, because it's hard to find a good pen nowadays.

Bookmarks, business cards, bags to put sold books in, the few Christmas cards we have left (I know it's March, but why not?), a sign bragging that "The Crow and The Wind" was first runner up in the Georgia Author of the Year Award  in 2011, in the mid-child division, and the most important thing to think about:
What am I going to wear?

I'm done tard out and it ain't even Saturday yet.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment