Monday, September 8, 2014

There Are Books Everywhere, Yet I Am Compelled to Write Another....

I have five published books: "Falling", The Crow and The Wind", "The Christmas Closet and Other Works", "Out on a Limb of the Family Tree", and "Signs from God"

I have another book in its final proofing and am fretting over the cover as we speak. I want it out before Christmas for obvious reasons. (You do give books as gifts, don't you?)

I can walked into Barnes and Nobel or browse Amazon.com and see so many books it boggles the mind.  And yet...

I am already writing another one.

It's like something inside wells up and must spill out. My mind becomes overtaken by these characters, and I think of them (and hear them think) as much or more than ya'll who surround me.

Spooky, ain' it?

I've sold around a thousand books, all told.

Not very many, if you are Stephen King.

But for me, it is almost unbelievable.

I mean, my mother just doesn't have that much money.

But that fact (the number sold, not my mother's financial situation) is not the reason I keep writing. Of course, I want somebody to read what I write. That's why I check how many people read my blog every day. (One day 127 read it. Some days only 15 people read it).

I am obviously not a New York Best Seller, but I bet their heads are as busy as mine.

I don't think we are that much different.

Well, except the bank account thing.

That's different.

Anyway, come late fall/early winter "The Year of Nine: Where the Rain Begins" will be published, and I'll be saying pretty please come to my book signings and annoying you with a little bit of self serving advertisement.

Meanwhile, I'm writing another book.

I'll keep ya posted, whether you want to be or not.

No comments :

Post a Comment