Thursday, September 25, 2014

I, myself, have been on television today. Granted, it's the local station and two guys from an insurance company talked (on and on) about - guess what? - insurance, before it was my turn. At least by then all my nervousness was gone, replaced by a state of stupor, which occurs anytime anyone talks about insurance.

It was fun, though. I got to read an excerpt from "Out on a Limb of the Family Tree", and talk about my new, upcoming book, "The Year of Nine: Where the Rain Begins". Hopefully I behaved  myself and will be invited back in November when my new book is released.

By the time the show was over, the adrenalin was pumping, and I was starving. Daughter and I went out to eat and had a great meal.

The waitress brought our bill, I put my card in the jacket, she whisked it away, but came back a few minutes later.

"I don't think this is the card you wanted to give me."

I thought, 'Why wouldn't I want to give you my card?', then looked at it. Took a second or so until I realized I was staring at my library card.

Daughter and I burst into laughter, as did the waitress. She confessed to not even looking at it and trying to run it through the machine with no success.

I've always heard you never could tell what bizarre, erratic behavior us TV stars are liable to exhibit.

I guess they are right.

No comments :

Post a Comment