Friday, September 19, 2014

It Starts...

Well, I'm on the cusp of a new book.

Makes me feel tingly all over.

Monday, I deliver to my publisher a thumb drive - this little thing that holds all the information needed for my book, and it's on the size of - well, a thumb.

Photos for cover creation: check
Acknowledgements:  check
Dedication Page:  check
What others are saying about Kathi's previous books:  check
Table of Contents: check
Manuscript:  uh, not so fast.

Daughter, who is giving the book one last look see before I take the plunge and send her (the book, not Daughter) off, has 47 more pages to proof.

She has till tomorrow evening.

Also, the talk show host of a local TV station contacted me and I will be her guest Thursday morning at 11:00 a. m.  You locals, please watch if you can. I'd appreciate it!

My boss for the newspaper (funpaper) I write for asked me how it was all coming, as book signings are around the corner. I'm hoping everything will come together in a timely manner.

It's exciting for me. Book signings, where I get to see people I don't often see, and where people get to see each other, too. And there's always a funny story or two going on.

Sometimes I even sell a book or two.

Each book I've written is very different than the books that have come before it - and they are different from one another.

When I can't do that anymore, I'll quit.

Here's hoping I don't have to quit for a long, long time.

No comments :

Post a Comment