Monday, September 29, 2014

Good-Bye Garden, Hello Fall

Two days ago I picked the last tomato from our garden. We planted late so that we could have some tomatoes as late as possible. I think we made the right decision.

Yesterday, Husband grubbed taters, and we have enough for a big serving. He planted too much stuff in our raised bed, and this kept us from having a lot, but these will still be good for dinner.

I walked by earlier today, and there was one lone onion sticking up from the ground. I pulled it up, brought it in and cleaned it up to eat.

There is nothing left that I can see.

All to do now is to clean the site up, pulling up the dead vines and putting away the tomato cages.

I love the fall of the year, I really do.

But this - this just sorta makes me sad.

No comments :

Post a Comment