Thursday, September 4, 2014

Billboards

We have become a country of walking billboards.

Last night at Bible Study, with around 60 people or so present, there were several billboards represented.

I, myself, had on a t-shirt advertising the News(fun)paper I am employed by. (Hi, Thia!)

I saw several auto auction t-shirts. The owners gave away t-shirts last Wednesday, so I guess people felt obliged to dress themselves and their children in them.

I saw a tree cutting service t-shirt, a tire shop t-shirt, a gas company t-shirt and several ball game/sports oriented t-shirts, also a few pop band advertising t-shirts. Throw in a Mickey Mouse, Thomas the Train Engine and a Dora the Explorer and that about wraps it up.

Why do we do this? Some of it, of course, is obvious. Free shirts, or advertising the place that you own or work for seems rational.

Sports, kiddie t.v. fans, etc. becomes a little less clear to me. I suppose it's because it's what one is excited about, eager to talk about or watch/listen to.

So, why at Bible Study, was there not one Christian symbolic t-shirt?

Just askin.....

No comments :

Post a Comment