Friday, September 26, 2014

The Way to Pass a Happy Little Afternoon

For some self-deprecating, depressing, underlying sadistic reason, I counted up  how long I'd been out of high school.

I feel like, about, oh, say, twenty years.

It's been like, about, oh, say, a lot more.

We'll leave it at that.

Then I went on to cheer myself and count how many of my graduation class are deceased.

Eleven have passed away since graduation, all but two of them male. Two males also died before we ever even got out of high school.

Some of us folks who are remaining are in pretty bad shape, a few, I know have terminal illnesses.

A friend called me not long ago, and told me that one of our classmates has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's Disease.

Looking at all the deaths, you  have to take a moment and wonder about the male population. The two females who have died both had health issues from birth. At least they  had an excuse. Males have died from: gunshot (2), heart attack due to alcoholism, lightning strike, diabetes due to alcoholism, a fast acting bacterial infection, a car wreck, a heart attack (genetic/hereditary) and one lost at sea.

Husband says he is surprised any males make it past the age of twenty-five, due to their risk taking behaviors ("Hey, ya'll watch this!")

I guess this may prove him right.

I am now trying to figure out what I could do to further cheer up my evening.

I think I'll go take my blood pressure.

It's always a little high.

No comments :

Post a Comment