Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Elbow's Connected to the...

Man, I got something bad wrong with my elbow. Of course, it's my right one, so there is no way to rest it very much.

I believe it's called Tennis Elbow, which is odd, since the only time I've played tennis was the one time when Husband and I were dating (1984) and he offered to teach me how to play.

That was a bust, because he kept rolling around on the court laughing.

I've never been what you would call graceful.

I think it should be more like Firewood Elbow, because it all started when it snowed and we had a nice fire and I couldn't leave it alone. I kept putting wood on the fire. The pieces weren't heavy, so I knew it wouldn't hurt my back if I was careful. I would pick the wood up with one hand, (I have big hands), reach my arm out straight, bend a little and put the wood on. I did this several times.

That was in February, and my elbow just keeps getting worse.

I asked the chiropractor. She said, "Hmmmmm. Why don't you get the massage therapist to look at it."

I asked the massage therapist and she did more than look. After she tried to kill me by elbow methodology, (which actually helped, briefly) she said I might try heat. (Ice hadn't helped)

Neither did heat.

I asked my internist. She said, "Hmmmm. Why don't you get your neurologist to look at it." (I'm also having numbness in two of my fingers, which has suddenly turned into pain today.) I see him week after next. Maybe he can  help, if my elbow doesn't fall off before then.

I have also tried Arnica with ibuprofin, Glucosamine Chondroitin + MSM, Blue Emu, Power 10 and some other stinky stuff, plus Eye of Newt.

None of that has helped. But I will say since I used Eye of Newt, my vision seems to be a tad bit better.

And why is it when you have an owie, you manage to bump it into everything? I don't recall hitting my elbow much until now.

I am trying  hard not to feel sorry for myself, but I do find myself thinking how badly I really needed something else to be wrong.

Next thing you know my gizzard will get infected. Then what?

No comments :

Post a Comment