Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Blind

If you live in the Southeast and have bothered to look out your window, you have seen a lot of white stuff.

Some folks, unfortunately, got ice and are suffering the results of it - no electricity.

But here in the mountains we got mostly snow.

Lots and lots of beautiful snow.

I've hardly been able to function because it's difficult to do so with a camera stuck in front of your face.

So much fading beauty!

Made me think back to the many snows in my childhood, which pretty much petered out after the blizzard of 93.

It's like mother nature blew a gasket or something.

Of course, in 2010, we had several big snows, including one on Christmas day, which made up for the absence of snow, a little.

I'm a snow lover. I am a little kid when it snows. I can't help it.

I knew I'd seen a picture around somewhere not long ago, so I went scouting for it.

It's one of the girls I grew up with and myself, posing for the camera in January, 1964. I was nine years old. I remember this well. Daddy was taking pictures, which he almost never did. He told us to act like we were having a snowball fight.

So we did:
 
It was magical then, it was magical today.
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment